Healthy Lifestyle Nutrition offers unique, individualized weight loss programs designed to help you establish lasting healthy eating patterns.
For many of us, food is more about gratification and reward than nourishment. We’ve lost touch with healthy patterns and often eat more than we need. Our bodies are only too happy to store that excess food as fat. But once we’ve gained those extra pounds, losing them can be a challenge.
Dieting is not the answer. When you’re fighting hunger, willpower won’t help you — since you only have a limited supply, the powerful influences around you eventually wear down your good intentions. But what will help is the power of a strong, healthy lifestyle. It anchors you and translates your good intentions into action.
Healthy Lifestyle Nutrition weight loss programs address the two key components of weight loss:
Energy balance – balancing how much you eat with how many calories you burn. No matter how much we learn about the science of weight loss, this is still the starting point for managing your weight.
Metabolic efficiency – how to get your body burning the maximum number of calories every day. This is where science has been evolving. We now know that achieving and maintaining a healthy weight is not about deprivation, it’s about:
- Stabilizing your blood sugar
- Balancing your proteins and carbs
- Choosing healthy fats
- Eating in sync with your body’s natural fat-burning rhythms
- Timing your meals and snacks
- Maximizing micro-nutrients that aid in weight management
- Eating plenty of high volume, high nutrient foods
- Learning how to include your favourite treats in your healthy eating pattern
- Finding a pattern that suits you and your body
To book an appointment, or if you would like a 15 minute complimentary session to help you decide please contact:
Susan Fyshe MHSc RD
Toronto Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist
3107 Bloor St W Suite 203 Toronto M8X 1E2